- 1 cup roasted vermicelli (wheat)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup fresh green peas
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal (split Bengal gram)
- 2 tsp oil
- Handful of peanuts and cashews
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
Method of preparation:
- In a pan, add two teaspoons of oil and add the seasoning and the lentils and the mustard seeds.let them crackle and then, add the peanuts and the cashews and sauté for three minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
- Add chopped ginger, curry leaves and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chopped onions sauté them and after a minute, add the carrots, peas, and other veggies.
- Add salt and turmeric and cover with a lid for a minute. Add water and let it simmer for five more minutes, to cook the vegetables.
- Once the water comes to a boil, and the vegetables are cooked, add the roasted vermicelli. Mix it well, cover and cook for two minutes.
- Drizzle the coconut oil and lemon drops and mix it well before you take it off the stove.
- Serve hot
Ideal for: kids, tiffin recipe, teenagers
Rich in calcium, iron and vitamins