- 1 cup green moong dal( overnight soaked or soaked for 4 hrs)
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 green chilly
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 cup oil/ butter for cooking
- 1 cup grated cheese
- water (to soak and grind)
Method of preparation:
- Drain out excess water and grind dal with 1 cup of water, salt, ginger and green chilies. Make a smooth paste of it.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, and ginger. Beat it well until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the vegetables and sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Pour the batter and spread it evenly.
- Once it starts turning yellow-brown, flip the side and cook other side on medium flame too.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese and chat masala on it and serve hot to the child with some hung curd chutney or ketchup.
- gluten free, rich in iron, calcium and protein.