In our life, everyone follows their gut feelings but, what if your gut is sick? That is quite a loss both to your body and life.
The studies have demonstrated the link between gut health and the immune system, mood, mental health, autoimmune system, endocrine disorders, skin conditions, and cancer.
Our gut consists of microbes that are also known as the “gut microbiome”. A person has about 300 to 500 different species of bacteria in their digestive tract.
While many are harmful whereas some are highly beneficial for a healthy body. Many scenarios of modern life like less sleep, bad life-style, high- sugar foods affects our gut microbiome.
This needs to get checked because it will cause damage to our health and even lead to the development of cancer.
There are several ways an unhealthy gut might manifest itself. Here are seven of the most common signs:
- Upset stomach, like gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea are signs of the upset gut.
- Sweet cravings, the sweets kill the good bacteria in our gut. The more sugar intake makes our body highly sensitive while further causes inflammation. And the inflammation leads to cancer and host of other diseases.
- Weight change, either gaining or losing there is a significant change in our body weights.
- Sleep patterns get affected and therefore lead to chronic fatigue. The main reason for this cause is “Serotonin”, the hormone is released by our gut. If our gut is unhealthy then its secretion is also affected.
- Skin irritation, as an unhealthy gut is caused by a poor diet which further causes food allergies may be caused by the secretion of certain proteins, which can, in turn, irritates our skin and cause eczema.
- Autoimmune conditions, an unhealthy gut increase inflammation and alter the proper functioning of the immune system. This can lead to autoimmune disease, where the body itself becomes dangerous.
- If you find any of the following symptoms occurring then you need to keep a check on your gut health, follow a healthy diet and avoid excess sugars. Do consult a doctor/nutritionist and follow a proper diet plan.
Journey during which you become Healthy Self, you Heal Thy Self.