- For the dough
- 2 cups wheat flour
- Water as required
- 1 teaspoon oil
- For the stuffing:
- Vegetables of your choice (boiled)
- Paneer (cottage cheese)
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1- green chilies as per your child’s taste
- Salt as required
- Oil for roasting
Method of preparation
- For making a vegetable paratha, boil the veggies and mash them. Add a little salt and crumbled paneer and garam masala, mix again, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the wheat flour, salt, oil and water to make the dough. Knead the dough and let it rest for half-an-hour.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them into flat circles (four to five inches in diameter) of even size.
- Take one of the rolled dough sheets and fill it with the paneer- vegetable mix, leaving some space along the edges.
- Place another sheet on top and seal the edges by pressing.
- Heat a skillet and sprinkle half-a-spoon of oil on it. Place the paratha on it and let it cook, on both sides, until it turns golden brown.
- Keep flipping it to make sure both the sides are well-cooked.
- Serve with curd or raita.
- rich in vitamins, proteins and calcium.
- Ideal for: toddlers